Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Handmade Candy Dots!!!

 I just have to share with you all what I have been doing this weekend!  I have seen these little candy dots for use on cards and scrapbooking but have not picked any up just because I want all the colors out there and that would just not be really economical.  So I had seen that people were purchasing the Perlers and melting them in their oven- so guess what I did? 
 So this is what they looked like when I started.  Now honestly this did take some time.  My youngest son says, "That takes a lot of patience and I just could not do it"   So I got them sorted and lined up and popped them into the oven at 325 degree for 20 minutes! 
 Here you go- the end results!  Aren't they pretty?  I just love all the colors and thrown them all together and a colorful rainbow.  Makes me want to eat them, yeah I know..... weird but I tell you the truth! 
Now I have so many- I think that I am gonna have to sell some of them!  ADDED: Perler beads can be found in any craft store and online 

2 comments:

Cathy said...

awesome, I wanted to try this, but I have a pet bird and fumes are not good for them, it is winter so I can not put her outside, so I am curious, is ther a lot of fumes or smells when you did this, someone said I would have to open window..is it true?? cathyplus5.blogspot.com

mary said...

Where did you get these beads?